Monday, October 23, 2017

Moka Dupont

"An icebox cake constructed of store-bought cookies, dunked in sweetened espresso and layered with a quickly made buttercream."  That's how Dorie Greenspan describes Moka Dupont.

This easy to make treat is an icebox cake, something I've never eaten or made before.

I was surprised and pleased to find the Petit Beurre cookies at my supermarket.  I soaked the cookies quickly in hot coffee and laid them two by four on the serving plate.

The buttercream recipe includes a raw egg which I left out, adding a bit of extra butter and chocolate in an effort to add volume.

As described in the recipe I built the cake with three layers of cookies with buttercream in between.

The cake was not very tall but looked festive and tasted great.



3 comments:

  1. I had never had an ice box cake either. Glad you enjoyed this one. It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you finding the right cookies. Glad you enjoyed this dessert.

    ReplyDelete