Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Pear Tart with Crunchy Almond Topping

One of the challenges of baking my way through Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi with the Tuesdays With Dorie online baking group is that each recipe is brand new to me, and I never know if it is going to turn out well or not.  The uncertainty lies more with my baking ability than with the recipes which are clear and well written.  In any case I don't usually plan to serve my creations at a dinner party.

I made an exception this week with the pear tart, which I served at Canadian Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a great success.

The recipe is straightforward.  Make a shortbread crust, prepare a filling of pears cooked in butter and sugar, and top with a mixture of egg whites, confectioners' sugar, and sliced almonds,  My only goof was forgetting to butter the pie pan before patting in the crust, which made the tart a bit hard to serve.





4 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm glad your guests enjoyed the tart - it was a success here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just made this and we liked it a lot-- i can see it being a good add to our thanksgiving in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. I am glad everyone liked it. I look forward to making the pear tart next. It sounds like it is going to be a crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a wonderful holiday choice. I went with pumpkin pie, so didn't make this. I am regretting it now, because everyone's looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete