Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Breakfast Biscotti

Breakfast Biscotti is the recipe I baked this week from Dorie Greenspan's newest cookbook Dorie's Cookies.

I've made biscotti and mandelbrot many times before and was very familiar with the two baking periods for these cookies. First they are baked in long logs, cooled slightly, sliced, and baked again.

The dough came together easily and quickly.  Cinnamon and grated orange peel are listed as optional and I was glad that I added both.  Next time I'd like even more orange flavor.

I used a maple home made granola, chopped almonds and a mixture of dried cranberries and raisins.  The almonds at the surface of the biscotti had a lovely toasted flavor in the finished cookies.

These are great as a not too sweet snack.

5 comments:

  1. They look adorable, especially in that little birdie mug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look good, and sound good too with your maple granola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of making these with maple granola - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are good! Lovely with a cup of hot coffee!

    ReplyDelete