Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tiger Cakes

Tiger cakes are small cupcakes made with almond flour, chocolate and a lot of butter.  That is what the Tuesdays with Dorie baking group made this week.  The recipe is on page 197 of Baking Chez Moi by Dorie Greenspan.

The tiger cakes are easy to mix up and bake.  I am enjoying all the recipes from Baking Chez Moi that use almond flour.  After reading comments mentioning difficulties getting the cakes out of the mini muffin pan I was careful to grease my non stick pan well.  All the cakes came out fine.

I iced one cake warm from the oven with chocolate chips and kept the rest bare.  The cakes are good, but a bit too rich for me.  Perhaps some orange zest or cinnamon might tone the richness down.







2 comments:

  1. These were delicious and so easy to prepare. We enjoyed them plain and
    with the ganache, but they are rich tasting.

    ReplyDelete