Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Apple Speculoos Crumble

An apple crumble is my baking creation for this week's Tuesdays With Dorie.  The recipe, from Dorie Greenspan's Baking Chez Moi, is a straightforward apple crisp except for the topping, which uses crumbled cookies.

The recipe calls for Biscoff or other speculoos spice cookies.  I like eating Biscoff cookies when I fly, but didn't see them at the grocery store.  I used Anna's Ginger Thins instead, and they worked very well.

It was really fun to break up the cookies with my hands, and then mush them up with some butter.  This cookie butter mixture goes on top of chopped apples and everything is baked for 35-40 minutes.

So easy and so delicious.  I will be interested to try this with other fruit.  Banana sounds particularly intriguing.


1 comment: