Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Chocolate Creme Sandwiches

My first impression of Dorie Greenspan's newest cookbook, Dorie's Cookies, is that it looks like a textbook.  It is so square, heavy, and full of coloured photos - it reminds me of my university biology textbook.  I am so looking forward to reading and baking from this book.

For this first posting with the Tuesdays With Dorie online baking group we had a choice to make chocolate sandwich cookies or peanut butter cookies.  I made the chocolate sandwich cookies because I had all the ingredients:  butter, sugar, egg, flour, cocoa, vanilla, salt.

The recipe is clear and helpful in explaining how long to mix as you add ingredients, both for the cookies and the filling.

I have a small kitchen and rolling out dough always seems like such a big production.  With this recipe the dough is frozen for an hour after rolling, and then cut into rounds.  My round cookie cutter is plastic, and I had trouble cutting the frozen dough, but as it warmed the task got easier.

These are tasty cookies, and we will enjoy eating them.




6 comments:

  1. I also had trouble with the frozen dough. Your cookies turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Dorie tells you exactly how long to mix things!I'm also SO looking forward to this book! I have the Kindle version and kinda wish I had bought the hard copy,...but too late now! And the results are the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours look just great. I laughed about the textbook thoughts as when I got it I thought it reminded me of art books, size, heft, design on the front. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look delicious! I'd much rather read through Dorie's Cookies 100 times before reading through another Biology text book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved looking through the new book too!

    ReplyDelete