Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Black-and-White Marbled Madeleines

Two years ago we made Lemon Madeleines from Baking Chez Moi.  It is one of my favourite baked goods from the book so far.  I was happy to get out my madeleine pan to try Black-and-White Marbled Madeleines this week.

I followed the recipe exactly except I left out the grated lime zest because I really don't like lime.  If I make these again I would like to try adding cinnamon to the chocolate portion of the dough.  Also I'll use a different chocolate as I found the bar I used was very sweet without much chocolate flavour.

The madeleines came out of the pan without a hitch.  They look lovely and taste pretty good, but lemon is still the best.

4 comments:

  1. Your mads look terrific. I used dark choc and lemon zest and I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was two years ago, pretty much on the nose. march must be madeleine month! yours are so nicely marbled...you can really only tell on the backsides of mine that there is chocolate in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to making these. I bought some dark chocolate today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely madeleines! These are fun to make and yummy to eat!

    ReplyDelete