Tuesday, October 3, 2017

French Snacklettes

French Snacklettes, from the every day section of Dorie's Cookies, are a plain chocolate cookie with ground almonds and cinnamon.  Not finding any almonds in my freezer I made these with almond flour.

The dough was very crumbly.  I kept mixing and mixing and finally it sort of stuck together when I pinched a piece.  I didn't add the chopped chocolate because I thought the dough would not hold it.

I wanted to shape the dough into pyramids as illustrated in Dorie's Cookies but it was so crumbly and difficult to press together that I abandoned that idea.

The cookies don't look like much but the taste is chocolatey and rich.  These will be great for anyone who loves chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I was not able to shape these into pyramids when I made them. The chocolate tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine didn't look much like the photo either but they tasted good!

    ReplyDelete